Are you building your dream home or making furniture for your home? If yes, then this is the perfect time to think about what kind of woodwork you should invest. This blog will reveal to you a simple checklist on how to choose the best quality plywood so that your woodwork is a source of joy for decades to come.
After all, your family deserves nothing less.
So, let’s dive in!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PLYWOOD FOR YOUR WOODWORK NEEDS
#1. Identifying the Right Plywood for Your Home
If you wish to get the plywood that is right and lasts longer, the first step is to select the correct plywood grade that will work best in your home.
What many people don’t know is that plywood comes in multiple grades, but the two most common varieties are:
- Commercial Grade / Moisture Resistant
- Boiling Waterproof (BWP/Waterproof/Marine)
So, which one is right for you?
- Commercial Grade Plywood: Lower in strength and durability, the commercial-grade plywood is ideal for dry climates and won’t perform well in varying climatic conditions.For example – if you are designing your office or commercial places like factory, warehouse, store then Commercial grade plywood can be considered.
- Boiling Waterproof Grade Plywood: Thanks to its strong resin, this plywood grade has a higher screw holding strength and immune even to boiling water for up to 72 hours. It works best in high-moisture regions and varying climatic conditions – from -5 deg in the winters to +50 deg in the summers.Lets say, you want to plywood for Kitchen, Bathroom or you will live in a city weird weather conditions (like in Mumbai you have high moisture due to sea or in Delhi you have extreme summer and cold). Then, this is the right choice for you.
So think about your requirement and the general climate in your region, then choose wisely then decide which plywood is right.
#2. Opt for Branded Products
Nothing offers long-term durability like genuine plywood. So, always buy your plywood from a reputed brand.
More than 80% of the plywood industry is unorganized, and the market flooded with fake materials. Though the lower grade material may seem similar to the genuine product, it will compromise the strength and durability of your woodwork. And cause problems within a few years.
Always run a Quality and Genuity Check of your purchased product.
#3. Keep Your Family’s Health in Mind
In your search for the right plywood for your home, remember to select plywood that supports your family’s health. After all, you do not want to bring home anything that will put your family’s health in jeopardy, right?
Here’s the thing. Plywood is made with formaldehyde-based resins. And too much formaldehyde is hazardous for humans. Research shows that it can cause cancer.
So, what’s the solution?
- Choose plywood with minimum Formaldehyde emissions.
- Look for at least an E-1 Grade plywood or E-0 grade plywood as both these grades have minimal formaldehyde emissions. See product label on plywood (in doubt always call customer care for verification – they can quickly share if the product has minimum Formaldehyde emissions)
#4. Go for High-Quality Timber to Build Long-Lasting Furniture
Considering there are many tree species, you should always invest in seasoned hardwood timber as they offer maximum value-for-money. Also, hardwood timber is native to India and best suited to Indian climatic conditions.
Timber that is seasoned does not warp or bend and has a natural resistance to climatic changes. What’s more, they offer high density, have a longer life and give your woodwork more strength.
#5. Protect Your Woodwork from Termites
Here’s a disturbing fact: Termites can destroy your woodwork in a matter of days and lead to stress and high expenses on repairs. So, before you purchase plywood for your home, ensure that the product comes with a guarantee against termite attacks.
Reputed brands that sell termite-protected plywood follow stringent procedures to treat their products against termite attacks. And they usually also offer money-back guarantee to give you complete peace of mind.
Now that you know how to buy hassle-free plywood for your home/furniture needs, go ahead and start shopping!
Need an expert opinion on your plywood choice? Reach out to us at Duroply, India’s No. 1 plywood brand, and we will be happy to assist you.
For Enquiry Visit: https://www.duroply.in/contact