Wood based products enhance the beauty and appeal of any interior space. But wooden furniture requires a lot care and some precautions to ensure their longevity. Even if you are using premium quality plywood like DURO, it entails you to take some proper care measures to protect the surface and increase durability.
At a construction site, your plywood and allied products are subject to weather and without proper care during storage can result in the products quality being compromised. We request that the following steps be taken to avoid any hassle:
In addition to the general instructions above, a more specific reference on how to use each product is below:
- Ensure material is stored in a clean, dust free environment, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Ensure that your plywood is covered properly from all four sides to avoid damage
- Products must be kept on “pucca” flooring and should be kept raised off the ground by 5-6 inches.
- Products should be stacked horizontally to prevent buckling and warping of sheets
- If gluing plywood and allied products to another surface, then use a strong, good quality synthetic resin adhesive.
- Furniture should be kept in a horizontal position by the finisher when it is to be sanded. Not less than 220 grit sand paper should be used to remove all handling marks and raised grains.
- Ensure that pressure is applied by pressing down, using masking tapes or weights to ensure strong and uniform bonding when gluing plywood.
- Prior to application of any other surface on the plywood panels, use sand paper to remove dust particles.
- Products must be kept away from standing water or high moisture laden areas
- Furniture and Doors once made, should be kept away from constant contact from moisture.
- Ensure that the cutter has a sharp blade before cutting products. A blunt blade will result in the top layer “chipping off”. It is recommended that a powerful RE with a Sharp blade be used for cutting
- Site should be treated for termites regularly, before and after construction is complete.
In addition to the general instructions above, a more specific reference on how to use each product is below:
- Use masking tape on the lines you're cutting to prevent the plywood or blockboard from splintering.
- Run screws into dowels planted at cross-angles rather than trying to drive them into end grain where they have no chance of sticking.
- Use a second sheet of plywood/blockboard as a rip guide when no long straight edge is available.
- In many applications it's possible to finish a sheet before cutting it; do this to save quite a bit of time.
- Break edges by running sandpaper from inner portion of the plywood sheet outward to the open edge.
- Always use backups to prevent tear-out when drilling.
- In order to achieve the best results when installing plywood products, it is very important to use the proper size nail. The pattern for nailing that is used is also very critical.
- Not all plywood/blockboard applications require the same size nail or spacing between nails. You must check before you nail.
- The spacing of nails on the edges of a panel are frequently different from the spacing within the panel.
- Use a damp cloth for cleaning. There is a unique coating on Fabply to help you wipe off dirt in a jiffy.
- The fabric is pasted on the ply using strong glue and will not peel.
- Recommended for indoor use in all possible areas in living rooms/ partitions, headboards, columns, acoustic paneling, etc.
- Vertical application is highly recommended but use in horizontal applications can also be done by matching the patterns of the designs.
- Use high speed cutting tools for cutting your Fabply into small panels.
- Veneers must be kept in a clean, dust free environment, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Ensure that the surface is covered properly from all the four sides in order to avoid any damage.
- When veneers arrive at construction site, a coat of sealer is applied on the surface of veneer in order to protect them from dust or impression of hands of the site laborers.
- Veneered plywood should be glued to the surface of the furniture rather than getting it nailed, for better finish and polish.
- Prior to application of polish, sand paper should be used to remove dust particles. Sand paper should be rubbed gently in the direction of the grain of the wood (never across it).
- We recommend that you use branded solvent based acrylic or solvent based water polish for Dyed, Metallo and light colour veneers for the best finish
- Polyurethane, or polyester polish can be used for Fumed, Aura, and our natural range of veneers to achieve the best possible finish.
- It is strongly advised that melamine based polish should not be used, especially on dyed and light colored veneers. Applying melamine based polish on veneer enhances the chances of it getting discolored over a period of time.
- Melamine based polishes are neither environment friendly nor health friendly.
- After furniture is polished, it should be regularly dusted with a slightly damp, soft, lint-free cloth. Doing this everyday would increase the life of your veneers.
- Always store the doors on a dry, clean and pucca covered floor, stack horizontally on supports so that it is minimum 9 mm from surface. This is to prevent warping, bending and twisting.
- Use seasoned treated hardwood for doorframes & apply wood preservative on the door and frames. This prevents distortion in doorframes and also reduces risks of termite & powder infection.
- Apply 6 mm teak wood lipping on doorframes. This increases the aesthetic look and also protects from termite, moisture etc.
- Ensure that the doorframes are at right angles to one another. Always use four hinges of equal length and equal distance. This enables proper alignment between door panel & frame.
- Ensure that the gap between the door and finished floor does not exceed 5 mm. This helps in achieving optimum thermal & acoustical performance & also protects door frame from undesirable friction.
- Door Frames should not be cut under any circumstances as it may compromise the strength of the door
Rampant and often unplanned exploitation of wood resources that destroyed forests and in the process the environment and degraded the quality of life as such, is a critical issue. Besides:
- One-unit volume of Plywood serves the purpose of two-unit volumes of sawn timber
- Hence Plywood saves as much as 200% of timber
- Thus reducing the pressure of demands on valuable wood
- Net-net, Plywood saves 200% of the forest resources that helps save you
- Innovation is rarely possible with wood, only Plywood or an allied product gives you that advantage
- You understand that smartness and style are as important as heritage and aesthetics, so are flexibility and creativity beyond rigidity and routine
- You know how to balance between ability and durability and are never hesitant to adapt to change that makes you more able
Yes, you need to choose a brand that enhances your ability manifold, through -
Since 1957, that's 55 years in the marketplace as one of the leading brands in the Plywood industry, making it the brand worth your trust.
- DURO Titanium of course with its 5-Advantage edge:
- Advantage One: Super Log Criterion
- Advantage Two: THT (Triple Heat Treatment)
- Advantage Three: Gapless Construction
- Advantage Four: PFS TrueGlue Bonding
- Advantage Five: Thermo Treatment
- This brand is available in both MR and BWR grades.
Because it is made of only kiln-seasoned and chemically treated timber and it offers unique features like:
- Smooth and warp free surface, for good look
- Dimensional stability
- Termite resistance
- Carpenter friendliness - light in weight; easy on tools; firmly holds screws and nails
Yes, you can be rest assured with this product, which is neither 1% nor 99% but 100% boiling water and weather proof.
DURO Flex - Premium Flexible Plywood - you can do anything as flexibly as possible to shape up the interiors at home or office. This actually offers a unique flexi-solution up to 16-mm thickness and is 100% versatile plywood to meet your needs.
Oh you must use DURO Fireshield which conforms to IS 5509, and is treated with Fire Retardant Chemicals under Vacuum Pressure Impregnation. That ensures the product an inflammability level, not less than 30 minutes.
DURO Door Elegance. Undoubtedly, the best product in the category, factory fitted, made to exact measurement, reduces labour cost and interference.
The answer is DURO Door Lites - the technologically rich Honeycomb Doors. Light yet strong doors with improved acoustics, eliminates outside disturbances thanks to noise reducing technology.
- DURO TechPly Doors. 100% Forest Friendly Doors; their core is replaced with Extruded Particle Board. These innovative doors also offer you 3 unique advantages:
- Weight Reduction (60% lighter than normal doors with solid wood fillers)
- Impact Resistance (ensures no deformation)
- Thickness Precision (even of 0.5 mm)
It could actually be a cakewalk for you with DUROTEAK. The finest teak ply in India available in any possible form: Pasted on plywood, block board, or even doors in all standard thicknesses
DURO Nature's Signature. Handpicked from exotic forests from across the world: 150+ premium A++ veneers. Available in all standard thicknesses to suit your need allowing you to showcase your desire with ease and elan.
DURO's FABPLY. A peerless fabric ply that liberates you to decorate any interior and furniture with Silk; Denim; Tant, Cotton or any fabric of your choice. Honestly, decorating a room with a natural feel and human warmth has never been or will never be possible without fabply.
Its Duro Triple Heat Treatment (THT) - A novel technique that ensures optimum treatment of moisture through a triple Agnipariksha (Trial by fire)
- Our raw materials are from sustainable forests only ensuring there's no loss of trees
- All our units are FSC certified that indicates our commitment to sustainable forestry practice
- We are members of the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) in line with our forest friendliness
We've attained E1 emission standard in order to give you and your family members, employees and customers healthier air to breathe free.
Our CSR programs include education and health aimed towards the upliftment of underprivileged children in all areas we operate. Because we believe... happy people make happier family, happier workplace, happier market, happier society, happier nation and the happiest world.
To be humble and 100% honest we actually take pride in each and every customer of ours; his business-volume notwithstanding. Because we value a customer and his different needs more than our business opportunities. With you also, we will do the same to help you be not just a customer but our brand partner cum owner.
We would like to underline that more often than not we are asked to provide a unique solution to our customer. And we do just that - owing to our proactive attitude, exposure to new ideas and innovations. For instance, we provided:
- Double Veneered Doors at Jaypee
- Honey Comb Doors for Sri Sri Academy, Kolkata
- Honey Comb Block Board in Swissotel, Kolkata for their AC Duct
Client's Need: A different and rich look for their hotel rooms.
Our Solution: We provided Double Veneered Doors with grooving and 1 strip of approx. 4-inches of Steam Beech running vertically.
Client's Need: Children's school, so safety was an important aspect. But Solid Wood Doors were typically big and heavy creating problems for a child hurting himself while managing such doors.
Our Solution: We offered Honeycomb Doors, which were much lighter than regular doors and having better acoustic properties. In fact, the doors were easier to handle and reduced noise interference, considerably, allowing children and teachers alike to perform better.
Client's Need: A light weight solution for the AC trap door in each room of the hotel. If the trap doors were heavy, it would take more time for the maintenance team to resolve the issue leading to unhappy customers.
Our Solution: We made sure Honeycomb filled Blockboards were used, as they were lighter in weight thereby easy-to-open thus reducing service time leading to better and happier customers, as well as happier staff.
"I am with DURO ever since I have been in the profession. And today DURO has become a part of my family. So here I wish all the best to DURO and DIL, and all the members who work hard and smart, everyday, to bring DURO to the top. Last but not the least, I am really very happy with DURO's performance." - Architect Sonia Mittu Jalandhar, Punjab
We ensure that we remain a step ahead of all the competitors, as well as your expectations.
DURO is the only brand in the industry that enjoys state-of-the-art manufacturing process and facilities for its entire range under one single roof. We are proud of our visionary R&D wing that has always been in the forefront of innovative and unique product developments.
To deliver DURO to lives, we have pan India operations duly backed up by our distributors and dealers. Our branch offices are spread across
We don't just see you as any other customer, but a partner in the business we do. So to us, the sales only begins but never ends.
Staying true to our philosophy, we always encourage our customers to dial on
dial on: 1800-345-3876 24X7 or email us at: email@example.com for any product or service related information that they may require.